Spiral Heat Exchangers
Shell and Tube heat exchangers are one of the most popular styles of heat exchanger devices used due to the various designs available. You will see these heat exchangers used in common application such as cooling hydraulic oil on a power unit, water glycol on engines, air or gases downstream of a compressor, condensing steam, vaporizing gases, and heating gases or fluids up.
Commercial standard heat exchangers, typically a fixed tube bundle such as a BEM or BEU, usually have a 300 psig 300 F pressure/temperature rating on the shell and 150 psig 300 F pressure/temperature rating on the tubeside. Materials of construction are typically copper tubes, steel shell and baffles, and cast iron heads/bonnets however brass shells, 90/10 Copper Nickel tubes, or ALL 316SS construction are also available.
For the applications needing more of a custom design, we offer shell and tube heat exchangers built in accordance to ASME, TEMA, and API-660 guidelines. Custom shell and tube heat exchanger can have 3 or 4 main components depending on the style: an inlet head, tube bundle, shell, and an outlet head. To go into more detail the TEMA designations of shell and tube heat exchanger can be viewedhere
ASME Stamped on request.
- Optimal design for corrosive fluid/ gases
- Vapor condensing/gas stripping capabilities
- Highly resistant to thermal and hydraulic shock
- Numerous flow path and connection configurations
- Compact and lightweight; easy to install
Up to 40% more efficient than a typical shell and tube heat exchanger
- Pressure ratings up to 5000 psi (345 bar)
- Temperature ratings up to 1000°F (540°C)
- Compact and lightweight
- Highly resistant to thermal and pressure shock
- Standard tube-side material is 316 Stainless Steel; shell-side is carbon steel; exotic materials available for both sides
- Bolted or welded shell construction
- ASME “U” stamp available
- Digester Heating
- Steam Condensers
- Gas Condensers
- Heat Recovery
- Pre- heating and Effluent Cooling
Click below to fill out a request for a quotation.