Air Cooled Heat Exchanger’s also known as Fin Fan heat exchangers are typically used in applications where water is not available or the desired process outlet temperature can be achieved given the maximum ambient temperatures. Also, air cooled equipment can be a more simple solution against water cooled because in water cooled systems typically there is also a need for more pumps, piping, central chiller or cooling towers increasing the operating cost and maintenance of the system.
Air Cooled Heat Exchangers are used in a wide variety of applications. They can be used as lube oil coolers, water and glycol coolers, inter/aftercoolers on compressors, jacket water cooler, engine radiators, belt guard after-coolers, hydraulic oil coolers (both stationary and mobile), closed loop cooling systems, and condensers.
With our vast knowledge and expertise in a wide range of industries and markets we can help put you in the most cost effective and efficient option available.
All units are pneumatically or hydraulically tested, and when required we offer ASME “UM”, “U”, or API compliance.
Fan Driven units are shipped with electric motors suitable for outdoor applications. Alternate motors are available upon request, i.e. hydraulic motors and air motors.
We can provide equipment with copper, carbon steel, or stainless construction including the headers, tubes and fins.
Copper Tube Construction:
Industrial Application (AC Fan Driven)
- AOC Series - Low cost, low flows (Perfect for off-line recirculation loop) high heat removal, optional serviceable bypass valve (PDF 648KB)
- AO Series - Medium flows, moderate heat removal, optional bypass valve (PDF 807KB)
- AOVH Series - High flows, moderate heat removal, optional bypass valve (PDF 766KB)
- AOF Series - AO Series with filter (PDF 712KB)
- RM Series - Low cost, low flows (case drain applications) (PDF 650KB)
Mobile Application (DC or Hydraulic Fan Driven)
- AOC Series - Low cost, low flows (Perfect for off-line recirculation loop) high heat removal, optional serviceable bypass valve (PDF 625KB)
- DH Series - Low cost, moderate flows, high heat removal, optional bypass valve (PDF 514KB)
- DF Series - Steel fins, steel manifolds, and copper tubes (PDF 1.32MB)
- M Series - High flows, high heat removal, optional bypass valve (PDF 276KB)
- MF Series - Aluminum fins, steel manifolds, and copper tubes (PDF 1.38MB)
- AOHM & AOVHM Series - High flows, moderate heat removal, optional bypass valve removal, hydraulic motor only (PDF 559KB)
Brazed Aluminum Construction:
- AOL Series - Bar & plate, industrial duty, very high flows, and very high heat removal (PDF 417KB)
- BOL Series - Bar & plate, brazed aluminum core, rugged, lightweight, and compact, provides the best heat transfer per given envelope size while minimizing pressure drop, with AC motor or hydraulic motor (PDF 938KB)
- MA Series - Bar & plate, brazed aluminum core, rugged, lightweight, and compact, provides the best heat transfer per given envelope size while minimizing pressure drop, with DC motor (PDF 1.93MB)
Industrial & Mobile Application
- OCA Series - Available in a wide range of sizes, and designed for a broad range of applications with the advantage of providing ample cooling in areas where water is costly or unavailable (PDF 4.02MB)
Compressed Air Aftercoolers:
Copper Tube Construction
- UPA Series - Low SCFM capacity, horizontal or vertical fan air flow (PDF 305KB)
- AA Series - Medium SCFM capacity, horizontal air flow, optional TEFC motor(s) and weatherproof junction boxes (PDF 422KB)
- Belt Guard Aftercoolers M Series with rotated ports for easier condensate removal (PDF 276KB)
Brazed Aluminum Construction
- AOL Series - Industrial duty, very high flows, very high heat removal, see Section 1 (PDF 417KB)
- AHP Series - High SCFM capability, vertical flow, aluminum core, optional air motors (PDF 456KB)
- ACOC Series - Used to convert water cooled screw compressors to air cooled, vertical air flow, aluminum core, free standing, combines oil cooler and aftercooler into one common core (PDF 460KB)